Before talking about ‘Best 5 applications of Python, let’s know about the Python language.
Table of Contents
What is Python?
Python is a programming language that was developed by Guido van Rossum at AT&T Bell Laboratories in the early 1980s. Python is a general-purpose, interpreted, object-oriented scripting language. It is designed to allow programmers to work faster and easier.
General things about Python
- Python is a dynamic language meaning that variables can be changed while the program is running. This allows programs to respond to changes in input from users or external events. Python is also known for its simplicity. Many beginners find it easy to learn and use.
- Python is an interpreted language meaning that the computer does the actual work of executing the code. Interpreted languages are usually slower than compiled languages but they are much simpler to write.
- Python is a multi-paradigm language meaning that it supports multiple paradigms including procedural, functional, object-oriented, and imperative.
- Python is a high-level language meaning that it is closer to human language than low-level languages. This makes it easier for non-programmers to understand.
- Python is a general-purpose language meaning that it can be used for a wide variety of tasks.
- Python is a cross-platform language meaning that it runs on most operating systems including Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, etc.
- Python is a free software language meaning that it is available under the GNU General Public License.
Where Python is used?
Python is often used for data analysis, web application development, artificial intelligence, robotics, scientific computing, mathematics, statistics, machine learning, game development, graphics, image processing, natural language processing, database management, optimization, and many other fields.
Best 5 applications of Python
1. Data analysis
Data Analysis is the process of extracting meaningful information from large amounts of data. Data analysis is used extensively in many fields including finance, medicine, engineering, science, education, etc. Python is a programming language that is widely used for data analysis.
2. Web application development
Python is a general-purpose programming language used for everything from simple scripts to large-scale applications. It is designed to make programmers productive and efficient. Python is a dynamic language meaning that it is interpreted rather than compiled. This means that programs written in python are usually much faster than those written in compiled languages. Python is also object-oriented, which makes it easier to learn and understand.
Django is a full-stack framework based on python. It provides a robust set of features that help developers create better websites and web apps. Django is known for its simplicity and speed. It is highly scalable and supports many different databases including MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Microsoft Access, Oracle, and MongoDB.
Robots are becoming more popular in our daily lives. They are often used in manufacturing, construction, transportation, agriculture, military, healthcare, and many other industries.
4. Scientific computing, mathematics, statistics
Scientific computing is the application of computer science to solve complex computational problems in areas including mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics, finance, and many others. There are several libraries in python as discussed below:
Numpy is a Python library designed for doing fast array operations. It provides highly optimized linear algebra routines.
Pandas is a Python package for data manipulation and presentation. It supports both tabular data and time series. It is often referred to as the swiss army knife of data science.
Matplotlib is a Python 2D plotting library that works well with Python 2 and 3. It is similar to MatLab but much simpler.
SciPy is a collection of python modules that provides numerical algorithms, data structures, and software tools for mathematical computation in science, technology, engineering, and medicine. SciPy is maintained by the NumFOCUS organization.
5. Machine Learning
Machine learning is a field of computer science dealing with algorithms that learn from data. This means that they can improve their performance based on experience. There are many applications of machine learning, but the two most common ones are image recognition and natural language processing using Python’s libraries as below:
TensorFlow is a software library created by Google that makes machine learning easier. It was released in 2015 and is used in many different applications including self-driving cars, speech recognition, and computer vision. TensorFlow is designed to work with Python, but it can be used with any programming language.
Scikit-Learn is a Python module for Machine Learning. It contains various algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, dimensionality reduction, etc.
Best 5 applications of Python Best 5 applications of Python Best 5 applications of PythonBest 5 applications of PythonBest 5 applications of PythonBest 5 applications of Python